Light Sport Aircraft
BUILT TO BE SAFE, FUN, AND AFFORDABLE…
In creating the new “Light Sport Aircraft” (LSA) classification of planes in 2004, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) filled the much-needed performance and price gap between less sophisticated ultra-light aircraft and larger, more complex transportation focused aircraft. Since LSA are targeted to recreational pilots who primarily fly for fun, LSA are designed to be affordable, lightweight, and easy to operate. All Powrachute Aircraft are classified as S-LSA (special-light sport aircraft), which are factory built, ready-to-fly aircraft, or E-LSA (experimental-light sport aircraft). All S-LSA are inspected and receive an airworthiness certificate from the FAA prior to flight.
– 1,320 pounds (598.74 kg) maximum takeoff weight
– Maximum airspeed of 120 knots (138 mph)
– Maximum two-person seating capacity (pilot + passenger)
– Single, reciprocating engine
– Fixed or ground-adjustable propeller
– Non-pressurized cabin
– Fixed landing gear
– Maximum stall speed of 45 knots (52 mph) N/A on PPC.
For more information, visit the EAA at www.sportpilot.org